Filed capacity estimation in mo_mpr_soilmoist.f90
Please check: FC values for Germany were too low compared to available publications. Therefore I checked the code and found that the Twarakavi, et. al. 2009, WRR EQ7 differs from what is coded and therefore made changes in two lines:
elemental pure subroutine field_cap( thetaFC, & ! Output Ks, thetaS, Genu_Mual_n ) ! Input
[...] ! x = (field_cap_c1) * (field_cap_c2 + log10( Ks )) ! thetaFC = thetaS * exp( x * log(Genu_Mual_n) ) x = field_cap_c1 * (field_cap_c2 + log10( Ks ) ) ! (Twarakavi, et. al. 2009, WRR) EQ7 exponent thetaFC = Genu_Mual_n ** x
The result is that FC values are in the expected range now for Germany. aET values now show lower value in summer time (~0.35mm/day) and almost unchanged in winter - please keep in mind that I did not re-calibrate the model.