Area averaged SMI
At the moment SMI works in raster-in (SM) raster-out (SMI) mode.
My request for area averaged SMI:
- keeping mHM netCDF file as standard input
- the same raster-in (SM from mHM netCDF file) and point-out (area averaged SMI).
- For this a mask is to be provided based on which SM is averaged over each zone of mask and single SMI time series is created for each zone.
@rkumar 's idea:
- SMI program should not do the masking internally
- Input is area averaged point TS i.e. if point-in then point-out; if raster-in then raster-out
- SMI should then know (from namelist?) whether input is time series of point data or a field.
- The point netCDF input should have a prescribed structure.